The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Book Review

Happy Monday! So yesterday I finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It was such an astounding and moving novel. I absolutely can't wait to watch the movie.
Summary:(goodreads)
It is 1939 , Nazi Germany. The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier , and will become busier still.
  Liesel Meminger is a foster girl living outside of Munich , who scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she enounters something she can't resist-books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father , she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well with the Jewish man hidden in her basement.

Review:
So first things first this isn't a fast read type of novel, it may take you a while if you are typically fast reader.The way the book is so uniquely and nicely written really pulls you in and makes you want more of this book. I totally enjoyed reading this story .The fact that  it was humorous , sad , and moving  makes you fall in love with this novel. There were a few times where the book dragged a bit but it was still awesome. It even brought me to tears which goes to show the author knows how to write a moving novel.
  I absolutely love Liesel's character. She is my favorite out of the whole story simply because of her love for book and how strong and determined she is. I think it's amazing how you can put her in a room with books and she's in her own world. Rudy character tickled me a lot. Especially "The Jesse Owens Incident". I find Rudy and Liesel's relationship cute and hilarious. Papa was such a good father to Liesel. You could tell he really cared about her and loved spending time with her. Although Mama and Leisel have their moments you can see they really love each other. Max's character(the Jew hiding in Liesel' basement.) really taught me things and made me see things I didn't think about. He was a very important role in this book. 
  I really loved how this story was written so you could see what the narrator was thinking. While reading this story I was really trying to figure out who he was really. 
   The Book Thief is a story I will  remember forever because it showed me a wonderful world and a new way to look at things.A book hasn't done that to me in a long time. I could talk about this book all day. The way Markus Zusak beautifully writes this so you feel the emotions of the characters and picture what's happening in the story. So please pick up this book from your bookstore or library I promise in the end you won't regret it.

Comments

Popular Posts