Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg Book Review

Hello!!! So I love Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Both the book and movie. When I saw this spin-off story in the library the other week I had to pick it up. Another reason I decided to read this book was my mom thought I need some contemporary in my life. So I took a break from my usual sci-fi books.

Summary:(goodreads.com)
  It is a truth universally acknowledge that a single girl of high standing at Longburn Academy must be in want of a prom date.After winter break , the girls at the very prestigious Longburn Academy become obsessed with the prom. Lizzie Bennet, who attends Longburn on a scholarship , isn't interested in designer dresses and expensive shoes , but her best friend , Jane , might be- especially now that Charles Bingley is back from a semester in London.  Lizzie is happy about her friend's burgeoning romance but less than impressed by Charles's friend , Will Darcy , who's snobby and pretentious,  Darcy doesn't seem to like Lizzie either , but she assumes it's because her family doesn't have money. Clearly , Will Darcy is a pompous jerk - so why does Lizzie find herself drawn to him anyway?

Review:
This book was phenomenal. It was perfect girly . love story kind of novel. It was good book from the book hangover I just had from Variant by Robison Wells. I absolutely love Lizzie's character. I love how strong and determined she is. She keeps her head held high when the other girls are mean  and rude to her just because she's a scholarship student and doesn't have a lot of money. One of my favorite things about Lizzie is she plays the piano. Since I play the piano I was really excited when I found out that she does too. Jane , Lizzie' best friend is so sweet and nice. But her sister Lydia not so much. She is boy-crazy and acts too grown up for her age. Charles Bingley is very kind and sweet. Love him!!!! Now Will Darcy is just SWOON! Even though he may seem rude sometimes  but he has a very kind heart. Just like Mr. Darcy in the Pride and Prejudice. Overall a very good book and summer  read. 
   Readers will very much enjoy this novel , especially contemporary-genre lovers.  As you read this book you will see MANY  differences to the book and movie Pride and Prejudice. I give this book 4.5 star because it was that good. Pick this up at your local bookstore or library.
.

Comments

Popular Posts