Cinder by Marissa Meyer Book Review

Hello! So about I a week or two ago I finished Cinder by Marissa Meyer. It was so freaking awesome!!!

Summary:(goodreads)
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space , a  ruthless lunar people watch , waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth's fate hinges on one girl.
  Cinder , a gifted mechanic , is a cyborg. She's a second-class citizen with a mysterious past , reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's illness. but when her life become intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai's , she suddenly find herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle , and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom , loyalty and betrayal , she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world''s future.

Review:
This book was so flipping awesome. I love how the author took a classic fairytale "Cinderella" and made it her own. For instance Cinder is a cyborg. She's not 100% robot. She is part human with robot qualities like her arms and legs. She has two step-sisters. Only one of them is evil :Pearl. But Peony is practically Cinder's best friend except for Iko an android that works in her house with Cinder. 
I don't have much to say about the step-mother except I DON'T LIKE HER. :) Prince Kai is so swoon-worthy. He is so sweet and I absolutely love his character and watching his feelings for Cinder grow. The character I really disliked was the one and only : Queen Levana. She is so rude and always thinks everybody is beneath her. She's just so mean to Cinder just because of one secret I am not going to share. So that's all I have to say about Queen Levana. Because "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
I gave this book 4.5 stars. I really enjoyed and had my mouth agape sometimes. It was a very good science-fiction novel. It was different from most sci-fi books and I liked that. Please read this book, you will not regret it. 

Comments

Popular Posts