How to stay entertained on a long road trip

Hi friends! So I am back with another travel post, these are actually some of my favorite to write! So I recently just back from a trip to Maryland and let me tell you that is a LONG road trip. From Alabama to Maryland that is about 13 hours in a car. Yes, a very long time. I am sure my family and I will definitely try to fly next time. But anywho, throughout the years I have mastered some ways to not get bored and keep yourself entertained during a long car ride and thought why not share them with y'all. So let's get to it. 

1.) nap // 
 No joke y'all but napping helps pass the time so much on a road trip when you are not the one driving.  I can nap for a few hours and it will definitely make the trip seem like it is going by a lot quicker. I fall asleep in one state and wake up in another. Really such a beautiful thing.

2.) play car games //
When you find yourself getting bored playing car games are definitely a good way to help pass the time. Anything from memory games to simple "I spy", playing games is a good way to help keep you entertained. 

3.)  have good music //
I don't know about y'all but if I don't have good music when I know my time is going to be taken up for a while, I find that task very miserable. Music always helps me get through a lot of things. So having some bomb music to listen to on a road trip helps keep the trip fun and entertaining! 

4.) use a passion to pass time //
What I mean by this bring tangible things on the road that you enjoy to help you pass time. This could be anything from your favorite book or a craft like knitting. If you enjoy these hobbies such as reading or crafts, you will not mind doing these task for a few hours. 

5.) call friends & family //
When car rides begin to take a toll on you and you find yourself tired and cranky calling people who you love and who care about you is a great way to lift your spirits and give you the strength you need to push on through the rest of the trip. 

6.) lots of food //
Anytime I travel, having snacks always helps me get through the trip. Especially since I love food entirely too much. 

Well friends, I hope these tips helped you and you enjoyed this post! Hope all of your summer travels are fun and safe! Until next time! -Gabby B.



Pin this image! 



Comments

Popular Posts