The One - Kiera Cass Book Discussion ( Spoilers:Beware)


Hey guys!! So I recently finished the third and final book in The Selection series by Kiera Cass. I was really sad to see the series end but I'm glad it ended on a good note. This review will have spoilers , so you are being warned now. To see my book review on the second book The Elite Click Here.

Summary:
The time has come for one winner to be crowned. When she was chosen to compete in The Selection , America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown - or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches , and threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious , America realizes just how much she stands to lose- and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

Review:
Although this novel really put me through a lot of feels and frustrations I managed. It was a very satisfying novel to end the trilogy on. 
America through this entire novel was a very frustrating and trying character , although I still love her and she is one of my favorite female protagonists. But sometimes she makes me so angry because it's like she doesn't know what she wants. In the beginning of the novel she was sure she loved Maxon and wanted to marry him , but it's like she can't let go of Aspen. When she realizes she loves Maxon when their dancing and having fun in the rain at the top of the palace , she decides to wait to tell Maxon. Really? Maxon already told her if she would just reciprocate his feelings of love back to him then the Selection  would be all over , and they could get married. But no , America has to procrastinate and be so indecisive about what she wants.  
King Clarkson really infuriated me. He hates America so much he'll do anything to humiliate her and make it possible for her to leave. I wanted a way for King Clarkson to stop being so mean and redeem himself. But unfortunately he had to die for that to happen.That's another thing. I was wondering if their was going to be a big rebel attack , and when we least expect , it just happens. Unfortunately a lot of people died including the both king and the queen. I thought it was so brave of Queen Amberly to try to save King Clarkson when the rebels tried to shoot him. Even Anne and Celeste died. I hate to say this but it's almost as if  Anne had to die. She started having feelings for Aspen but  Aspen ended up with falling in love with Lucy and Lucy with Aspen. It really sucked that Anne died. I'm so happy Celeste redeemed herself!!! Throughout most of the series she was very mean and had to have things her way. But she really felt bad and apologized and became America' number one ally. But too bad  she had to die. 
There a lot of moments when I was reading this novel and I just had to put it down and gather my thoughts. One of those moments was one when America's father died. That really messed me up. Like I couldn't think straight , I was in denial for the longest time. I really didn't want her father to die. He was like one of her best friends and she always went to him for advice. I really love when I read a novel with a good father-daughter relationship.
Okay so Kriss was a rebel! That was a plot-twist that kind of wasn't for me. It was weird but cool. 
Okay this is probably the only thing in the novel that really frustrated me.  When America tried to explain what was going on with her and Maxon to Aspen , Maxon caught them and totally flipped. This was right after Maxon chose America to be his wife. I will say that America and Aspen weren't doing anything that bad , America just had her hand on Aspen's chest in a friendly way. Unfortunately Maxon just lost it.  He told America he was going to marry Kriss instead  and told her "Have your maids do their best. You should go out in style. " -Maxon Shcreave. I feel like if he would've calmed down and thought things through he'd realize that he still loves America and he doesn't want to lose her. Sadly enough , he had to be shot for that to happen .But at least he took the bullet for America. 
After all of the drama happened with the rebel attack. Maxon proposed and him and America got married! I really loved their wedding scene. It was so cute. I was a little iffy about Aspen giving her away. I mean why not her mom? But it was sweet. I really loved America's and Maxon's cute and romantic moments. They are one of my favorite book couples. I really loved this entire series , I'm so glad I decided to pick it up. It makes me so happy,although some of this review was me ranting just a little bit.  I do have a very major book hangover because of this novel but it's so worth it. I really didn't want this series to end which is why I'm really happy Kiera Cass decided to make more Selection novels. The new novel The Heir will be coming out this year. I'm so excited. I hope you enjoyed this Book Discussion/Review. Comment down below how you felt about The One or the entire Selection series. Have a great day!! - G


Comments

Popular Posts