What I read In March



Hi friends! I hope you all are staying safe and healthy. Today I will be sharing the books I read in March! It was a pretty good reading month and I read 8 books, which I was really proud of.


Emma by Jane Austen // 4✰
I absolutely adored Emma. I laughed so much during this and fell in love with the characters. I love Jane Austen. This year one of my goals is to read all of her books, so I can knock Emma off of the list. Although I still need to watch the movie. 
You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks  + Sarah Pekkanen // 4 ✰
This was a new release by this amazing duo. I love Greer Henricks and Sarah Pekkanen's writing. This was such a great read from them and I found elements in the plot/writing style that was very similar to their last book An Anonymous Girl. 
The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison // 5 
THIS WAS SO GOOD. ( but anything Toni Morrison writes is good ya know?) I read this book in about a day and was instantly pulled in. This story can be sad but I think Toni Morrison told a story that needed to be told. I see this as a must-read for all. 
The Toll by Neal Schusterman // 4 ✰
This was the last book in the Scythe trilogy and although it was long, I think it was a great conclusion to this trilogy. I loved it so much and found a lot of elements and connections to faith/Christianity in this book, so it was cool to make those connections. 
The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead // 5 ✰
Another 5 star read! This book was so great and I also read this in about a day. I feel the same way about this as I did The Bluest Eye. It was a bit of a sad tale, but a very important story that needed the light to be shed on it. 
Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams // 3.5 ✰
This book was not at all like I expected. It was not bad but it was not the greatest thing ever. I do think that it was worth the read though. But I definitely found a few issues with it. I wrote a full review over @theliteraryvogue on Instagram if you want my full thoughts. 
The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black // 4 ✰
this was the last book in the trilogy "The Folk In the Air", although as I type it out I realize I have never called it that. I have always called it "The Cruel Prince trilogy" since it was the first book. But anyway, I thought this was a great conclusion to the trilogy although I have heard from most people that they did not like it as much. I appreciated that it was shorter, yet still gave you an ending and tied up all the plot points. Normally the last books in a series are very long so I appreciated that this was shorter.
The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda // 4 ✰
This was a good read. I love a good thriller so this was a perfect read.  The plot was good and the twist at the end I found interesting. 

I hope y'all enjoyed this post! 

Comments

Popular Posts