The Elite by Kiera Cass Book Review

Hello! I hope everybody is enjoying their holiday season. It feels to good to be out on winter break. So recently I finished The Elite by Kiera Cass. This is the second book in The Selection series. It was absolutely captivating. I love how Kiera Cass' writes so well that it's so hard to put the book down. Let's get started with the review.

Summary: The Selection begin with 35 girls. Now the group is narrowed down to the six Elite , the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever-and America is still struggling to decide  where her heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon , who could make her life a fairy tale?
 Or Aspen , her first love? America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want- and America's chance to choose is about to slip away?

Review:  First off I loved the whole story, it really got me out of the reading slump I've been in lately. This novel had me in a bucket load of feels!  Even though America is still unsure about if she's going to choose Maxon or Aspen , I like that she's leaning more to  picking Maxon. There was a little trouble in paradise between America and Maxon. Maxon and America seemed to argue more in this novel than in the first one. After every argument it's like America would go to Aspen as a rebound , although Aspen couldn't tell that. As their are a few girls left there is more and more tension between the girls , some even get into fights. But I won't say who to keep a spoiler free review. I do like in this novel Queen Amberly tries to spend more time with the Elite to try and get to know them better. I feel that in this novel America becomes a lot more rebellious taking on more risks than she normally would only because she's angry. 
Maxon and Aspen are both getting very impatient with America. They both want America but feel as if they can't wait any longer. When America thinks she has her decision one of the boys does something that changes her mind. America's family was a lot more involved in this novel and I really liked that. It shows she hasn't completely forgotten about them .Although Maxon and America weren't all smiles and sunshine. I really enjoyed their moments together where they acted like a real couple. I feel Maxon and America opened up more to each other to where they learned more about each other. 
America knows she wants to stay and possibly become princess as well as  Maxon's wife. But she's still unsure if she's right for the job because she lets her insecurities get in the way along with comparing herself to the other girls. Even though she has a lot of people who believe in her and thinks she would be perfect for the job.  

I can't go into detail with everything because it won't be spoiler-free. But maybe when I finish the last book in the trilogy I can do half spoiler and spoiler-free review. Comment your thoughts on The Elite or The Selection. Hope everybody has a wonderful holiday season! -Gabby

Comments

Popular Posts