What I read in february





Hello friends!! I hope y'all had a great February. Mine was good, plus my birthday was on a February 15 so that was fun. But today I am going to be sharing all the things I read this past month. This February I only read 2 books which are not as many as I read last month. But that is okay. The two books I read were great reads! I am currently reading Emma by Jane Austen right now and loving it!

one// Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld
I love a good Pride and Prejudice retelling so when I heard about this book, I knew I had to get my hands on it. This book was so funny and I think Curtis Sittenfeld did a great job of capturing all the elements of Pride + Prejudice everyone loves and displaying it in the modern world. I had never read Pride and Prejudice retelling like this one. Sittenfeld did an amazing job with this story.

two// Not So Pure + Simple by Lamar Giles
I actually won this book in a giveaway from @absorbedinpages on instagram and I was so happy about it! This book was one of my top books I wanted to read in 2020 and I am so glad it was. I think this book did a great job touching on the expectations set for young black men in today's society while also humourously telling the story of a teenage boy joining youth group at church to impress a girl he likes. There were so many things I think Lamar Giles beautifully unpacked within this story. If you have not heard of this book, I would definitely pick it up if you have the chance.

I hope you all enjoyed this post! Did you read anything good this month?

Comments

Popular Posts