Summer TBR (to be read)



Hi guys! So if you do not know I absolutely love reading. Ever since I was little I have always found such joy in reading. Now that school is out, I can't wait to dive into reading more and more since I will have the time. So I thought why not share some of the books I plan on reading this summer!  Also if you want to keep up with what I am reading be sure to check out my Goodreads account!

Okay so let's get started! All summaries are taken from Goodreads.

When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger
I have been so pumped to read this book. I am so upset that I have taken forever and a day to get to it but better late than never.
This book follows Miranda Priestley's ex-assistant, Emily Charlton from The Devil Wears Prada, who now resides in Greenwich, CT as a successful image consultant.



Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas
Sarah J. Maas is one of my favorite authors of all time! I am caught up with her other series A Court of Thorns + Roses.  This past winter I picked up Throne of Glass and now am getting ready to finish up this series with Kingdom of Ash.  I won't say much about this book in case I have any readers of the series and you are not caught up yet. But I will say if you are in need of a good high-fantasy series, you will definitely want to pick Sarah J. Maas' books.

The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman
 I heard about this book from Katy Belotte on Youtube and I honestly could not be more excited about it. This book takes place in the 60s in NYC follows a family who has history having magical powers but must grapple with the fact that they must keep those powers on hidden and to never use them.

More Than Enough by Elaine Welteroth
Now, this is probably the book that I am most excited about. If you know me well, you would know that I look up to Elaine very much. She became the youngest and first black editor-in-chief of Teen Vogue. Considering that I am going to be a Journalism major and hope to work in fashion/magazines she is someone who I consider a role model. This book is a memoir of Elaine's life from childhood to how she became who she is today, with giving some great advice along the way. I can't wait to see her during her book tour in Atlanta.

Own Your Everyday by Jordan Lee Dooley
I have been following Jordan for years on both Instagram and youtube! She is such an inspiring person and she not too long ago came out with an amazing podcast. In this book, she will be discussing in this book how to basically own your everyday: the good, bad, + ugly. As well as living your life to the fullest.

Opposite of Always  by Justin A. Reynolds
I have recently finished this book and can I just say I LOVED IT! This was a cute but hilarious romance that follows 18-year-old Jack King whose girlfriend dies and he gets continually stuck in a time loop reliving their months together while trying to figure out how to save her. I can't say enough good things about this book and I definitely could not put it down while reading it. If you are looking for a fun summer read I would definitely pick this up asap.

The Proposal  by Jasmine Guillory
The last book on my summer tbr is The Proposal. I heard about this book from a booktuber (a YouTuber who makes videos about books- it is the best) and it seems like such a fun read! This book follows Nikole as she is proposed to by her famous boyfriend of in a baseball stadium of thousands of people and the effects of that when she turns him down and saved by a handsome stranger from the who rushes her away from camera crews. Then Nikole and her rescuer embark on an interesting relationship together...

I hope y'all enjoyed this post! Let me know what books you plan on reading this summer!

Comments

Popular Posts