2018 theme verse // Psalm 61:1-2

Hello there friends! Happy 2018! I am so excited for this year and can not wait to see what amazing things are going to happen with this blog in 2018. So every year I like to give myself a theme verse, to help me better maintain my new year goals and set what I hope for myself as I grow further into my faith and relationship with God. But as 2017 was coming to an end, I was still struggling on as to what I wanted my 2018 theme verse to be. Then the other night I was reading Psalm 62 and this 2 verses in the beginning instantly grabbed me: "For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation. He is alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken." (Psalm 62: 1-2)
When I read this I just felt something in me and I knew that is the verse for me in 2018. This year I strive to be so bound in God's word and his love for me that worldly situations will not stumble me or shake me. I pray that just like that verse says that in God alone my soul waits for him. No one/Nothing else. Sometimes we try to look for our worth and find satisfaction in other things and usually that lets us down. But if we allow our soul to only wait on God and his perfect timing, then everything else will essentially fall into place. 
I also like how the verse says God alone is our rock and salvation. Something about how when we feel we have no one else is there for us, God is always there. Always. He never leaves us and is always there when we need him. We just need to lean into him and pray that he makes himself known to us. We do not have to rely on things that potentially are going to let us down because those things will fade but God and his love for us stand forever.

Well, I pray you guys have been having an amazing new year and are reaching for stars! You can do anything you put your mind to. I am going to try to do better this year with upkeeping my blog cause I really do love blogging. See ya soon. Until next time! -Gabby B.

Comments

Popular Posts