Devotional: Self Worth

Hi there! Today I am going to be doing a devotional on self-worth and where your self-worth should come from. For me since I am a Christian I know my self-worth should come from God and no one else. For someone who may not follow God or do but may have strayed from him, their self-worth may come from somewhere else.Now I am not saying if you don't believe that your self-worth comes from within God that you're a bad person. But from experience I can tell the best way to go is with God.  I saw this quote on Pinterest and it said " Your Worth is Found In God, Not in the opinions of others" I find this quote to be so interesting because it is true. There are many times where I find myself trying to get the approval of others, hoping to lift my self-worth. But I realize now that those people whose opinions I am caring so much about are only going to make me go crazy trying to constantly make sure they like me or think what I am doing is "acceptable". Half of those people we constantly try to get self-worth from maybe not even think twice about us when we are spending so much time trying to impress and show off for them. But someone better may come along and those people we try to impress could possibly not pay any more attention to you at all. But with God, he is always going to be there for you and will always make you feel worth it and special. In his eyes, he will love you no matter what, because to him you are amazing just the way you are.  Even when we make mistakes God never feels any malice or judgment towards you, he is always going to be there and help you get through those mistakes. Our worth and who we are in God is so much higher than what anyone else has to say about us and who we are. The Bible says "We are fearfully and wonderfully made". In Galatians 1:15 says "God chose and called us through his marvelous grace" There are so many verses that tell us our worth comes from God and how magnificent that worth is. Verses like these let me know that what God thinks of me is so much better and important than what others care about me; because while all these material and worldly things stand now, God's word will stand forever. 

I hope you enjoyed this devo. I really enjoyed writing it! - Until next time! - Gabby B. 

Comments

Popular Posts