Tips to stay sane/productive while social-distancing! Plus a list of movies, books, + podcasts to binge.

Hello friends! I hope you guys are doing well ( or at least as well as you could be). I know things are crazy right now in the world and because of that a lot of us are spending our time at home. I thought I would share some tips and activities you can do while you all are stuck at home. I know like me some of y'all are probably doing school work + online classes from home.  But these can be activities you do in your downtime or during the weekend.  So let's get to it! 

do something you've put off //
We all have those things we mean to get to but always put off due to school, work, or simply not making the time. But now that we have some extra time why not do things you say you are always going to get to but never do. This could be organizing your bathroom shelves, pantry, or bookshelves. Redo your closet or redecorate your room!

keep a schedule/to-do list //
Even though we are not at school or work I think it is still good to make an hourly schedule or a to-do list each day so your days have some sort of structure. That way you are not as easily bored and not let your days go too crazy.

call your friends + fam //
This is so crucial to call you friends and family members. I know for me since I am not at college calling my friends and chatting with them every day makes this all a bit easier. Plus you never know how you can make someone's day with a phone call. I love getting calls and talking to people. especially my grandma. I always make sure I call her and I know she loves talking to me just as much as I love talking to her.  
Take on a new hobby + or pick up an old one //
Once again we are finding that we have more free time, so why not take on a new hobby or pick up an old one. This could be learning tik tok dances(which is a surprisingly good use of time), baking, crafts, or picking up an instrument). Piano is such a big part of my life and I can not always devote as much time to it as I want when I am at school so it is good to devote more time to playing. 

read //
If you know me well then you know this is a big one for me. I LOVE reading and it has been great to just spend hours and hours on end reading. Let me know if you want any book recommendations and you can also follow my "bookstagram" @theliteraryvogue for more on what I am reading! 
bake + cook //
I am sure you and your families have stocked up on groceries or plan to. So why not use those ingredients to make some fun recipes or baking a bunch of delicious treats! 
rest //
last but not least REST.  I am sure we can all look at this time as an inconvenience but it is good to look at some of the benefits of this. One of them is that now we can truly find rest and recharge. That is something I have been really trying to work on during this time. 
Hebrews 3:10 "For the person who has entered rest has rested from their works, just as God did from his" 

Okay, friends! So now that we have got all the tips and tricks out of the way, down below is a master list of books, movies/shows. + podcasts you can binge during this season! I really hope you guys enjoyed this post and stay safe out there! I know this can be a hard season so it is good we stick together. Let me know if you want to talk or have any prayer requests!
Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" 







Comments

Popular Posts