How Often Should We Dress Up For School?

Hi there! So fashion is big part of my life and I personally love dressing nice but at the same time love being super comfy. But I have come to realize that personally I prefer to dress nicer when I go to school, and its not because I am trying to impress anybody, I just feel more confident and happy this way. For others they feel better just showing up in a jeans and t-shirt every day but may just dress nice on Monday or something. So I wanted to discuss how often should we dress up for school, and does it even matter? 

So what is the exact definition of dressing up or nice for school? While some will think it is anything other than a tshirt and jeans or sweats; it also can be seen as wearing items associated with nice like a skirt, dress, or flats. Personally I feel like we have gotten to a point where it's not "normal" or kind of our of place to dress nice for school. I feel like because nowadays, going to school can be so dreaded, so why even try to look nice for it? 

I know a few people at my school who will dress nicer most of the week, but majority are in just tshirt and jeans. But those who dress nice do it for themselves and because they feel more better going into school dressed up. But I have also noticed that even I and the people I know who were considered "dressed up" didn't even feel like it half the time when someone brought it up. I guess that is because I feel comfortable in nicer clothes and it just who I am and part of my style.

Some people don't bother dressing up because they think they'll feel uncomfortable all day. But if you know what kind fabric to buy your clothes in and piece them together it won't be as bad. If you're struggling definitely look on Pinterest or watch YouTube videos on how to look nice for school while staying super comfortable! Or even ask someone at your school who you consider to have a nice style what they may do. 

I hope this post helped and made you think about how often you dress nice for school and the importance it may have for you. How do you prefer to dress for school? Until next time! -Gabby B. 

Comments

Popular Posts