favorite books of 2019




Merry Christmas Eve! With the end of the year approaching us, I thought why not share my favorite books of 2019. This year was a pretty good reading year:  I discovered the wonderous writings of Jasmine Guillory, I read 3/4 of her books this year and loved every single one. Also, this year I read a lot more thrillers than I normally do. It was a nice change of pace from my usual YA and fantasy reads. I think I will continue to read more thrillers in 2020. If you want to see a list of all the books I read this year and those to come to be sure to follow along on my Goodreads account! Let's get into my favorite books of this year, shall we?

1.) Opposite of Always by Justin A. Reynolds
 Image result for opposite of always book"
This book gave me all the laughs and feels. This story follows Jack, a teenage boy, as he gets into his first relationship with embarks on a relationship with a Kate (a college girl) when all of sudden Kate dies. From then on Jack keeps traveling back in time and reliving the day he meets Kate until she dies again. It is up to Jack to figure out how he can save Kate and why he keeps reliving the same days over and over again. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and it was such a fun read.

2.) On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
Image result for on the come up"
This book was phenomenal! this follows an aspiring rapper Bri as she hopes to make a better life for herself and her family by pursuing a rapping career. This book was funny and exciting to read! I love Angie Thomas's writing and if you read her previous book "The Hate You Give" this novel takes place around the same setting.

3.) More than Enough by Elaine Welteroth
Image result for more than enough book"
I have followed and looked up to Elaine Welteroth for years. She has inspired me in fashion and with my journalism pursuits. So when she came out with this book I knew I had to get my hands on it. This book was part memoir and part a guide to life and creating space for what you are meant to do in life. This book was so inspiring and was cool to see Elaine's life and how she got to where she is today. I even got to meet her this summer in Atlanta on her book tour!

4.) Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas
Image result for kingdom of ash"
Sarah J. Maas is one of my favorite authors and the Throne of Glass series is also one of my favorite series. It was exciting and also a little sad to see the series come to an end in Kingdom Of Ash. It did not disappoint and when I picked the novel up, I could barely put it down until I finished!

5.) Jasmine Guillory
Image result for the proposal jasmine guillory"Image result for the proposal jasmine guillory"Image result for the proposal jasmine guillory"
As I mentioned earlier I discovered Jasmine Guillory this year and am in love with her books! So I simply could not pick just one of her books as a favorite this year. The Proposal, The Wedding Date, + The Wedding Party were all great reads! All of these books were hilarious, full of amazing romance, and relatable. I would highly recommend picking up one of her books if you haven't yet.

6.) An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks + Sarah Pekkanen
Image result for an anonymous girl by greer hendricks"
Like I said, I have been into thrillers this year and this was one of the few that really captivated me! I also read another book by these authors called The Wife Between Us this year and it also was amazing! This book follows makeup artist Jessica who decides to sign up for a morality study to make some extra cash. But as Jessica continues with this study grows her paranoia and fear that participating in this study comes with a price that she may not be willing to pay as new dangers come on the horizon.

7.) Before She Knew Him by Peter Swanson
Image result for before she knew him book"
This book was another thrilling ride and honestly would read it again. The novel follows Hen as she moves into a new house with her husband and after she meets her new neighbors she is convinced that her neighbor Matthew is a murderer. This causes Hen to embark on a dangerous journey filled with twists and turns no one sees coming to prove that indeed her neighbor is not at all like he seems. I enjoyed this novel so much and it definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. I would definitely recommend it if you need something to keep you on the edge of your seat.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed this post! I enjoyed writing it and am excited to see what great books I will read in 2020. What are some of your favorite books you read this year?


Comments

Popular Posts