Alice In Zombieland- Gena Showalter Book Review

Hi guys!! So I recently finished Alice In Zombieland and it was the best thing ever!! I loved it so much. So I'm going to get on with the review :). 

Summary:(goodreads):
Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next,  she would have laughed. But that's all it took. One heartbeat A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.
Her father was right. The monsters are real.
To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn't careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous.

 Review:
This was my first time reading a book about zombies and it was absolutely perfect!! Everything about this book was awesome. I was in a major reading slump and this helped me get out of it. I really liked how the author pulls you in with her writing, The characters were pretty flipping awesome! I even came to like some of the bad guys, Another thing that really made like this book was the humor and sarcasm that showed up a lot. Even in a bad situation you'd always have that character who'd lighten the mood. Especially Kat, who is Alice's best friend. By the way Cole is so awesome!! Although he may not seem like it in the beginning you'll learn to love him. I ship him and Alice so bad! One thing that made this book so lovable was how it tied in family/love and showed how important it was. You could tell everybody in this book cared for and would do anything for each other although they may not always admit it. The action scenes in this book was one of the best things ever! It was descriptive enough for you to picture it in your head and feel like you were fighting zombies too!  
I gave this book a 5/5 stars on goodreads. I can't wait to read the other novels in this series. I think zombies are cool so it was fun to read a story about them. So if you like zombies or looking for a different but cool book definitely check this novel out. Happy Spring and April! -G


Comments

Popular Posts